Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Why a blog???

This is a little cart after the horse-ish :)  (being that I already published the first blog of this series).  I have long toyed with the idea of writing a blog.  In fact a few years back I even started one and PROMPTLY lost it and the password.  One day I hope to find it again.  (ANYWAY) As of this November, I have been a youth leader for 27 years and despite the strange looks I get from people when they find out what I do, I still love it.  I won"t tell you that you will gain some great wisdom from these "pages" because short of God's Word I really have none :)   It is just time to time I think I really would like to say that ... to whom ever .. for whatever reason and this will give me a means to do that.  Right now I have two just sort of floating around in my brain (and a bit on the computer too) .. one is a reflection on my FAV childhood fairy tale (I loved fairy tales as a kid) The Red Shoes and another is on kid gloves.  Trying to find some free time when you work with youth is ... well ...  Only a few things stand in my way ... one is that I am not a great talent with the pen (or in this case computer keyboard) and two is that I am not so sure anyone would necessarily care about the ramblings I may post.  I am okay with both :)  So, if you are okay with possible grammatical and spelling errors and want peek into the mind of an old youth leader ...  here goes ...






:) I will depart with this thought .. my goal for "my" kids ...  

I don't believe in team motivation. I believe in getting a team prepared so it knows it will have the necessary confidence when it steps on a field and be prepared to play a good game.  Tom Landry 


or to put it another way ... 


Ephesians 4:11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment